Justin, Anna, Daisy, Lily, Violet, Sage

Justin and Anna started this craziness in 2002, and the world will never be the same. We are currently located in Dillon, MT. We are loving the wide open spaces.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

She is Here


Sage Marie Rhodes
March 21, 2011
8.34 LB





The Family At the Hospital



Birth Story:
Sage entered this world with a bang. So Monday at about lunch time I was talking with my mom and saying how I didn't think Sage was going to come until Friday, which was my due date. And I had an induction scheduled. I hadn't felt any strong or consistent contractions even though I was trying everything to get her here. I hiked the big hill behind our house, had ridden the four-wheeler over wash boards, bounced on the tramp...everything. I was so uncomfortable, I was ready to have a baby. Just before 1:00 I was fixing myself some lunch and talking on the phone to Justin when I felt a good contraction. I told Justin and to be warned I may call him, but not really thinking this was it. I called my Visiting teacher to see if she was home and could take the kids if this was really it. She said she would be home. The contractions continued and were really close together, but I decided to wait to see if it was real labor. Then at 2:00 I realized this was real and I should get to the hospital, because the contractions were only 3 min apart. So by the time I made phone calls and got thing arranged and had my VT drop me off at the office and take my kids to her house it was close to 2:45. Justin had made arrangements at work, but didn't really understand how close I was so he is still walking around (Not in a hurry). So by the time we get to the hospital it is about 3:00. I go to the desk and tell them I am in labor and how close the contraction are (1- 2min). They hurry me over to the labor rooms, but they had just released someone so they were still cleaning the room. I sit in a rocking chair and wait, mean while they ask if I could pee in a cup- NO WAY!! Finally they get me in the room and changed. Check me, I'm at an 8. They strap the belly monitor on. It starts recording at 3:13, my water breaks, then at 3:26 Sage was born. Wow was that fast! I never thought labor could go that fast. It was crazy! I can only imagine if I waited at home a little longer. I almost drove myself and the kids to were we needed to go, then at the last minute decided I better have someone else drive me and the kids. Good thing.

We are so blessed to have this new little one. She is so sweet. I love to just hold her and kiss her. The girls just adore her too and are so good with her

10 comments:

Rochelle said...

Anna! She is darling! I am in love with that name. So cute. I can't believe the birth story... so crazy. Her birthday is two days before mine! How is Justin handling being in a house with so many cute little ladies? :)

The Wright Family said...

Yay! Congrats to you guys! She is adorable!

Breach's said...

Oh my Anna! She is so beautiful! And she has hose dimples that are to die for. I was wondering when we would find out about your little one and what you chose for her name. Lacey's little boy's birthday is the 22nd just a year ahead. Congratulations....she is gorgeous!

Jordana said...

Congrats Anna! Sage is beautiful and her dimples are adorable, I love it! Good thing you made it to the hospital in time, what a crazy story! Hope you're all enjoying your sweet little girl!

charm said...

CONGRATS!! I can't believe your birth story... sounds like a GREAT one! Who needs labor anyway? haha! :) She's beautiful, just like your other sweethearts.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Rhodes Family and I love the name.

Nathan and Annalee Peterson Family said...

Congratulations!! She is beautiful! I can't believe you were so lucky to have a quick delivery. But, you deserve it! I'm glad you've joined the 4 girls club. Now it's time for that boy. :) You have such a cute family. I'm so happy for you guys.

Shawn and Ashley Oram said...

Yeah!! I am so excited for you. She is so cute!! I also love the name. Sage is such a pretty name.

The Dipo's said...

Anna That is so wonderful!! Congratulations to you and Justin and the other flowers :o) Sage is a beautiful name for a beautiful little girl.

Alesha said...

Anna! It's too late to call, but I hope you get this message soon. Tell Lily that we wish her a happy birthday, and hope she had a wonderful day. It was so good to see you all at the reunion. Talk to you later!